Thursday, January 22, 2009

Playing with clamshells in EQ6


Broken Circles 44"x44" Quilt

I was wondering what would happen if I just used the one block to design the whole quilt
Using the clamshell block was exciting all of a sudden. I rotated every second block and found some sort of a flower design starting but in the back of my head the clamshells looked like ships floating on the ocean.
The ships just weren't doing it for me tonight , so flower petals started to take over my mind and then I saw the circles. The circles seemed to be broken at every intersection , hence the name.
I also decided that they would be exciting in the border, but I didn't want the square border , I wanted something fancier. I took the clamshell back into easy draw and turned it on point for the corner block , erased a couple of lines and bingo! It was exactly what I imagined.
The colour combination could be anything you like. I am not a fan of green at all, but it just wanted to be present in this quilt, so it got it's own way. Oh well.
This pj6 file is available to anyone that would like it so just email me .


No comments: